Sunday, December 21, 2008

Say What?

The other night Eric and Abbey had to pick me up from work because the battery on my car died. On the drive Abbey was asking if I would hold her. She said:

Abbey: "Mommy hold you."
Me: "Yes, Abbey. Mommy will hold you when we get home but you have to stay in your car seat."
Abbey: "Hold me on the couch."
Me: "OK, Abbey."
Abbey: "Mommy, I want to sit on your lap and spit."

WHAT?!

That's when Abbey started to 'spit' or do raspberries and I remembered: Elmo!

We have the movie Elmo in Grouchland and in one part of the movie Elmo has to do 100 raspberries in 30 seconds before he can go to the next part of Grouchland--where he is trying to find his blanket. When Abbey does raspberries its like she is spitting and I often have to ask that she not spit. So I'm assuming her comment to sit on my lap and spit was her way of telling me she wanted to watch her Elmo movie. But couldn't she just have told me that?! :)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

It's funny what they say when they are little. Cute story.

Beverly said...

It's cute now, but wait until she gets older. Oh, I forgot. Abbey is a girl. She'll be fine.

Rita said...

Good thing you don't let her play Eric's video games...
"Mommy hold me on couch and shoot the bad guys."
;)
I love it when you post these cute things about Abbey. I feel like I get to know her better.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!