12:45pm to 1pm: arrive at work; check phone messages; open email
1pm to 1:30pm: talk to upset, crying CSR about paycheck being wrong
1:30 to 2pm: read, respond, forward and delete emails; reviewed calender for events of the day
2pm to 2:15pm: wait for my manager to make it to a meeting we had, he never showed up
2:15pm to 2:30pm: read, respond, forward and delete emails
2:30pm to 3:00pm: greet the TLs and CSRs who report to me as they reported to work for the day
3:00pm to 3:15pm: make phone calls to two CSRs and the Human Resources rep
3:15pm to 4:00pm: read, respond, forward and delete emails; reviewed calender again
4:00pm to 4:30pm: observed a TL provide feedback to a CSR
4:30pm to 5:00pm: read, respond, forward and delete emails
5:00pm to 5:30pm: meet with a coworker to get advice on employee issues
5:30pm to 5:35pm: terminate an employee over the phone as he couldn't report to work because he was incarcerated (I accepted his collect call from the county jail)
5:35pm to 6:15pm: dinner (talked to Eric on my cell phone)
6:15 to 6:30pm: read, respond, forward and delete emails; reviewed calender
6:30 to 7:00pm: respond to issue of CSR becoming very ill and almost passing out (tell TL to call CSRs husband to come pick her up; notify security; help security get CSR to aid room)
7:00pm to 7:45pm: observed a TL provide feedback to a CSR; provide feedback to the TL on how she did
7:45pm to 7:47pm: listened to phone message from an irate husband of a CSR I tried to reach
7:47pm to 8pm: discussed phone message from irate husband with coworker
8:00pm to 8:30pm: talked to irate husband of CSR--he yelled the entire time--I'm pretty sure he was drunk
8:30pm to 9pm: wrote email to Site Director about irate husband of CSR
9pm to 9:15pm: provided feedback to TL about feedback he gave to CSR
9:15pm to 9:30: talk to coworker about my phone call with irate husband of CSR
9:30 to 10pm: update TL and CSR coaching logs (personnel files) with coaching & direction I gave
10pm: log out of my computer
10pm to 10:15pm: check in with TLs who report to me and let them know I'm leaving
10:15pm: log back into my computer; I forgot to approve time cards
10:15pm to 10:30pm: time cards
10:30pm: go home (finally!)
10:30 to 10:55pm: drive home
10:55pm: walk into my house and see this picture of my little cutie-pie and forget how crappy my days was:

(While I may have exaggerated the length of my dinner, I did not, however make up the other events of the day.)


5 comments:
Ohmigosh, Sheri. I had no idea how stressful your days must be. You are my (s)hero for putting up with all that stuff. I love the picture of Abbie, and can't wait to see her.
Sounds like a fun job! Really, it does. You're awesome!
Wow! I'm just glad that your cute Abbey helps you forget about everything else. She is a cutie-pie and I'm so excited to see her in just a few days!
If you could just turn off your email system so you didn't have so many emails to respond to or delete, you could finish work by 7:30 pm!
In reality, it sounds like a great job. You really get to change people's life for the better.
I have forgotten how funny you are!! Your work day cracked me up, my favorite part is terminating the employee who was incarcerated... i'm surprised he even called, none of my bros would have done that! but how nice of you to accept the collect call!! Ha-ha!
Post a Comment