Abbey:
- At the beginning of the month Abbey started at a new daycare. Monica keeps the kids busy with fun projects. They've frosted cookies, made their own pizzas and did an out line of their bodies--which they got to paint and color. We love it!
- While Abbey was already talking a lot, in September we saw her verbal abilities improve even more. I've enjoyed talking to her and hearing her talk to her 'babies'. Two of my favorite things she said this month are: "Daddy divin' me cazy!" and "Thanks for sharing with me."
- Not only is Abbey talking more, but it seems like her memory is improving. Now in the mornings I can ask her "What did you do yesterday?" and she will answer: "Kids. Eat. Sleep. Daddy hold you [meaning Eric picks her up from daycare]." Also, while eating breakfast she will tell me "Mommy walk on treadmill. Kids later."
- In September Abbey realized she loves Elmo. And more specifically she loves to watch Elmo on the TV. Last week she woke up from her nap and instead of calling for me to come and get her out of the crib like she normally does I heard her cry out "Elmo!"
Eric:
- After replacing our dishwasher in August, Eric decided to replace our furnace in September. Once he has that finished, he plans to move to the hot water heater. (He needs to get the furnace finished soon--it's getting cold here!)
- At the end of the month Eric will be moved into his new office at work and his commute will be about 7 minutes. I'm jealous!
- Near the middle of the month Eric moved our treadmill out of the 'work out room' and into our downstairs family room so that he could walk on the treadmill and play his XBOX at the same time. Hey, whatever works.
Me:
- In September I started The Runner's World 8-Week Beginning Runner's Training Program. It's been a great motivator to me. As of Monday, I'm back to counting calories. (Yuck! But it has to be done.)
- I finished reading The Echo Maker by Richard Powers. In some parts it was fascinating and fun to read, in others it was slow and overwhelmingly boring.
- I found out Abbey likes pancakes, but more importantly, she likes to 'help' me make them. We started enjoying this fun morning mommy/daughter bonding time. (This unfortunately is the extent of my cooking. Yes. I'm a bad mom.)
- Also, Eric started calling me at work at bed time and letting me sing to Abbey before she went to bed. This has made me incredibly happy as I missed our bedtime routine of the three of us reading books together before bed. (I just have to remember to close my office door, otherwise people walk in to hear me singing E-I-E-I-O.)
- Work kept me busy, but I continue to enjoy what I do--even the hard days (like yesterday when I had my first face-to-face involuntary termination [PC for 'firing']).
Time seems to go by so quickly these days! I look forward to October. We have a quick trip to Utah planned, Eric's 31st birthday and trick-or-treating for Abbey.


4 comments:
Great update, Sher. It sounds like you're being a great mom to that little honey.
I think we all need to do a monthly update on our blogs. I loved reading what you guys are up to, especially cute Abbey. I read that article about 8-Week Training Program I think I might try it to get myself running again!
Thanks for the update Sheri. I'm eager to see little Abbey-kins.
Oh, what a great idea! Melissa is right; we should all do a monthly update. Without your blogs, I'd be totally lost about what's happening in your life.
Post a Comment